So, I just figured out how to get the new version of Facebook to “import” my blog posts. The key will be to see if it will automatically update when I post a new one.
UPDATE: 11/25/2008: I have been watching this, and though there might be a slight delay, the posts do automatically show up on my Facebook “Wall” – with a nice little excerpt and a link to the whole post.
In case you want to know how to accomplish this with your own blog and your Facebook profile, here are the steps:
- You need to know the RSS Feed URL for your blog. If you don’t know this, go to your blog and look for an RSS icon:
The link associated with this would be your RSS feed URL.
- Log into your FaceBook profile.
- On your main profile page, click on the “Settings” link above your “Wall”:
- Click on “other services”:
- Click on “Blog/RSS”:
- Put your RSS Feed URL in the box and click “Import”:
- Click on the “Wall” tab to see the results:
- You should see a list of your imported posts: